06 February 2010

Roasted Veggies with Parmesan Couscous

This meal is ridiculously easy to makes.. and such a joy to eat!! The veggies have to roast for abut 40minutes at 425desgrees. That's the hardest part of the meal.. seriously! Josh and I actually planned to have this meal several days before we ended up preparing it, because we kept running into evenings where we just didn't have the time or patience to wait. The final product is defintely worth the wait, though!

I sliced up the veggies into pretty hearty chunks. Depending on the water content of the veggies you use (I used tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, and crushed garlic cloves), they shrink quite a bit through the roasting process. I brushed a cookie sheet with oil, arranged the veggies in a single layer, then brushed the veggies as well. I topped everything off with a tiny bit of sea salt and into the oven they went! About 25minutes into the roasted process, I gave everything a good shake to dislodge them from the pan. Other than that, I didn't have to do a thing until they were done!

Also, I made the couscous ahead of time. I know, I know... couscous is a breeze to cook , but -- shh, don't tell! -- we had some leftover from another meal. About 5 minutes before the veggies were finished, I popped the couscous in the microwave with a light drizzle of olive oil and a generous sprinkling of parm. I'm not usually a big proponent of nuking, but the couscous came of light and fluffy!

This meal was delicious, but I think I would add some meat to it the next time I make it. I've also thought about roasting garbanzos with the rest of the veggies. Has anyone tried that??

No comments: